Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: joehowe
Date/Time: Wed, November 15, 2000 at 9:49 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN- PROOF OF CONCEPT

To ICANN Board Members,

I hope that when all is said and done and it comes time to vote on which gTLD's will enter into the next round of negotiations, that you all will view the .Kids Domains, Inc. application.  I find many of the evaluation team's assumptions to be without fact.

I believe that you will find this proposal ready for implementation and that you will be suprised at the misrepresentation regarding these policies. 

Any legal problems seem to be regarding the lawfulness of a private contract?

Implementation of enforcement begins with notification.  All of the enforcement policies are listed.

Auditing and Screening of content comes after registration and since agreement to these terms is voluntary "Where is the Problem?"

Responsibility of Content

Implementing this TLD enhances the dns and the internet community since it provides for a greenspace that currently no technology can do.  This space provides for voluntary participation from interested parties.  Utilizing the DNS to provide valued services promotes further involvement of the utility.

The .Kids Domains, Inc. application is also inclusive of all the existing technologies that other applications desire to promote.

Accept this application as a solid proof of concept and proceed to further negotiations on this point.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy