Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: burradams
Date/Time: Wed, November 15, 2000 at 11:03 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.08 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Can't See .lab?

I understand that .lab has already been overlooked entirely on the registeration, not even making the published short list.  However, I would like to make a brief comment in defense of the registration of .lab and the short sightedness of those who would choose to overlook it. 
As far as a representation of a substantial Internet community, .lab must rank among the top.  It seems to me that .lab not only represents individuals and organizations within the medical, research and healthcare fields.  But it also reaches into many other areas effecting the industries that will be using the TLD's proposed in the short list. 
The .lab TLD would currently represent a large user base.  But with a little thought to the future a person could see that .lab will represent one of the largest and fastest growing base of users of the Internet.
At this point, ICANN, simply on the basis of positions and posturing, has decided to make the mistake of not seeing the true necessity of registering the .lab TLD.  In the future, I am sure that their mistake will be more evident than they may have wished.  As one who sees the real usefulness of a TLD like .lab, I can assure you that I will be there to point it out.

burradams

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy