Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: johnrowehl
Date/Time: Thu, November 16, 2000 at 1:17 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.06 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: .co-op

As a supporter of a new .co-op top level domain, I agree with the ICANN staff review which concluded that NCBA's proposal for .co-op is both technically and financially sound.  I commend ICANN staff for
appropriately including .co-op among the proposed TLDs still under  consideration and for noting the broad public support for .co-op and lack of criticism associated with this proposal. 

.co-op is truly a domain name that will make a difference to Internet  users across the globe.  .co-op will fulfill unmet needs on the Internet,  will open up a broad range of new domain names, will enhance competition  in domain name registry services, and most importantly, will help  consumers find the businesses they trust on the Internet.  Because the  word co-op/coop is recognized across the globe to represent businesses that are owned and operated by their members, .co-op will make a strong  new addition to existing TLDs.

To ensure that new TLDs fulfill unmet needs on the Internet, I urge ICANN to approve .co-op as the Special Purpose TLD that will truly make a difference on the Internet.

John Rowehl
Board President
GreenStar Cooperative Market
Ithaca, New York
U.S.A.       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy