Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: gordon
Date/Time: Thu, November 16, 2000 at 4:16 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Experience

I found this post to be interesting. Firstly, it is clearly self-serving in some way. Secondly, it fails to support itself with logic.

For example, the statement that "The new TLD .biz is sure to be most popular" is clearly in error. Personally, I think .xxx will be the most popular. That said, there is no certainty in this premise.

The obvious conclusion given the premise appears to be, "and should be granted to a company with experience in the industry," which is also erroneous. Clearly, a popular TLD should be given to the most qualified applicant nad one indicator of qualification is experience. A simple example of this would be to point out all the experienced individuals who are unlikely to be chosen (Dan Quayle for president, Phyllis Diller as a wife, and so forth).

Then the final statement, "Abacus America meets this requirement." is added to the overall argument. Firstly, it meets the requirement of experience, How? Secondly, so what?

I read the post and was lost to the purpose of such a post. Perhaps reworded in a less agressive and illogical fashion the statement would make sense.

Gordon

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy