Tokyo, November 14, 2000

Mr. Thomas E. Leavey
Director General
International Bureau, UPU
Case postale 3000 BERNE 15
SUISSE

Subject: Establishment of a new generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) for “.POST”

Dear Mr. Leavey,

I have the honor to inform you that the Japanese Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications would like to support the International Bureau’s effort toward the establishment of a new generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) for “.POST” through the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).

We firmly believe that postal services worldwide will thus be able to derive maximum benefits from the use of cyberspace through a “.POST” gTLD to be managed by the UPU. More specifically, use of a common “.POST” by different postal administrations all over the world will create for postal customers around the world great opportunities by which they may benefit from direct access to postal services in the different countries.

I would like to confirm that our postal administration intends to submit an application for becoming one of the users once the application by the International Bureau for a “.POST gTLD is approved.

Thanking you for your strong effort and leadership toward the success of this new initiative, I look forward to hearing good news from you soon.

Sincerely yours,

Hiroshi Matsui
Director General of Postal Bureau  

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy