Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: pilot5
Date/Time: Thu, November 16, 2000 at 3:31 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Answer

I spent my one minute quoting the United States Small Business Administration's view of the "sunrise period".   The sunrise period is unfair, probably illegal, etc.

Yes, there were IOD supporters there.  In fact, most people I talked to, in the room (including other applicants), felt IOD should be awarded .WEB. 

There was much anti-ICANN sentiment in the room. 

There were many attorneys present, some spoke with or for their respective applicant.  I'm sure there will be lawsuits brought by applicants whose applications are rejected.  If I was an applicant, and the ICANN board demonstrated they were not even familiar with what TLD I had applied for, I would do the same.

Today (November 16), ICANN will probably decide which applicants proceed to the next phase, negotiations. 

According to applicants, the 3 minutes allotted each applicant, to speak at the public forum November 15, was the only time given to applicants to respond to the hastily thrown together staff report.
It doesn't seem fair, to any of the applicants.

There were plenty of reporters there (MSNBC, Wired News, et al).

Surprisingly, it appeared .XXX and .KIDS were shot down.  The only reason given was by Mr. Cerf, stating he could not see the need ...

The Internet should probably be called Cerfnet, after this fiasco.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy