Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: sstallings
Date/Time: Thu, November 16, 2000 at 6:24 PM GMT (Thu, November 16, 2000 at 2:24 PM EDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
Score: 5
Subject: Chris & IOD

I've been watching the delayed Scribe notes since the start of the meeting; and while at first I thought some good things might come out of this meeting, I've now done a complete 180.

This was the statement that did it for me: "Kraaijenbrink: IOD goes against everything we’ve worked on the last two years – they join registrar and registry, and they have a high price. Amazed to see this application submitted."

I don't believe there's any way IOD will receive their opportunity to run .web. I believe this whole process is fundamentally flawed, and skewed in favor of Affilias and other "already giants" -- they have no intention of letting the little guys in.

They have slammed statements by applicants as if this application process is something that's been done a million times in the past. Let's face it: this is new ground we're standing on, and no two applications are going to look the same.

While I believe Name.Space should get a name or two (or three or three-hundred), I do believe the board is skewed so far away from IOD that there's no way IOD will walk away happy today (saying they could provide open registry services in 30-60 days changes their whole app, but Name.Space saying YESTERDAY that they will employ Anderson Consulting doesn't????)

Chris, I believe you have the technical backing for this project. If you have the substantial financial backing required for such an endeavor, then I stand ready to write a check to help provide for legal research in this matter.  I have been working since this past March on a project that .web is perfect for -- and outside of contacting media and members of the government, I am ready to go to court in your defense.

Sean Stallings

--
Sean Stallings
sean@jokeserver.com
http://www.jokeserver.com/

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy