Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Fri, November 17, 2000 at 12:12 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Prediction:   Alternate Roots will flourish.....The "A" root server will go down with ICANN

I think this whole charade can be explained in a few words:  If the people can't find what they want...well...We go elsewhere...It's that simple..We are tired of dot com...we are tired of the poor customer service...

Let the A rootserver die on the vine...Dot Biz...and dot info?? Dot biz sounds like a new detergent!!  Boy that one will really compete with dot com won't it guys!!

That will only assure NSI's dot com will continue to own the market (which is why they forced this dot web issue--- so IOD couldn't compete--monopolies do that--try to crush the competition).

No doubt in my mind...Dot Com's will only increase in value...Which is another betterment to them, in that they now own Great Domains (domain reseller)....Oh and they are still hoarding dot coms aren't they...and the Multilingual domains--taking $6 fee (in dot com, net, org) Yet they get something out of all this...hmmm...(TO Mr Touton:  Is this the fairness you were referring to on the ICANN website)..
Another thing I think will blow up is the Sunrise provision...Legal purists will jump all over that one...I haven't been wrong yet!!

Anyways...I am looking forward to a new root server (the one we could create) where you will find our dot webs...restricted dot kids...and yes a restricted dot sex (I don't like xxx)...oh and we should throw in dot shop...So although I am very disappointed in today's decision...I was ready...and my next move will be to continue to support IOD, and possibly recommend a full blown departure from the A root server..if it can be done...Just remember...we as individuals and users of the internet outnumber the mega corporations by wide margins...So if we can convince the population to come to us (where their kids are safe and they kind find a "dot web) and create innovative software for the browsers to recognize the new root server...I think we could pull it off....

Keep in touch!!!  (any ideas where to start--Let's form our own board...why not??)

Gregory W. Krajewski
gkrajews@mato.com

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy