Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: first1
Date/Time: Fri, November 17, 2000 at 2:42 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Thank You IOD!!!!!!!

Chris, I think you have done a fine job and ICANN has unjustly reviewed your application and reported publicly the views of a biased review team.

ICANN has made many mistakes trying to allow the underhanded theft of .web to a last min. application by a TRUE MONSTER of an LLC.

The trail back to the serious conflicts of interest (Ken Stubbs and company) is huge and there is no way to cover that up now!

I believe in true competition and inovative companies. I believe in IOD. I will support you until IOD becomes a live registry. You will have my financial support.

ICANN never answered my question about competition..... If they want competition for .com then there is no better choice than .web and IOD.
If they want competition at the registry level they must not choose Afilias for any tld.

I believe it comes down to "If we can't have it NOBODY can!" That is a very sad position for a "non profit, for the people" company to be in.

I hope the internet community comes together and with the help of the media and public oficials, we force ICANN to be impartial and adopt a conflict of interest policy similar to the State lottory's

Thank you Chris and everyone at IOD for giving me hope that the small guy has a chance!

Steven Arnold
first@jps.net    

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy