Return to Unique Root for DNS Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: mike76
Date/Time: Fri, June 1, 2001 at 9:48 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: In reply to original message...

I see your point, but what would you say when new.net becomes an "offical" commercial registrar for all names they currently exploit?

By the way, tell me if I'm wrong, but as from what I read .pro has allready been "given away". Yup, that's the probelem, anybody would like to be a TLD registrar... Not hard to find investors after you have the rights and technically it's a piece of cake, it only takes some really well paid effort....

Still I think new.net should be excluded from the list of new "competitors" for the very simple reason that they have tried (and still maintain to do so) to wreck the fundaments of the internet.
I still can't grasp that these major internet providers have made deals with this company.... I would understand internetproviders offering some private content or services to their subscribers but assisting some simplistic startup in ignoring the agreements that tie the web together.... (RFC's, ICANN Regulation etc..)
With that attitude I'm pretty sure the internet will be nothing more than a remote buying machine in the near future. No privacy and stricly commerce, I mean how else are they gonna buy their way into the homes....

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy