Return to Unique Root for DNS Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Thu, July 5, 2001 at 9:33 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
||Yes, You Should Be Able To ...
... start your own TLD if
you wish, .asshole, .mutherfucker, etc. No big deal. If you could gain
enough market share, such as New.net, then your registry would probably do quite
well. However, there is probably little demand for .asshole, or .mutherfucker,
so you probably wouldn't make much money. However, if you wanted to make no
money, or operate at a loss, just for the love of operating your .asshole registry,
then no one should be able to tell you "NO". It's called the free market.
Those with large market share will prosper (i.e. ICANN/Verisign, Afilias, Neulevel,
and New.net). The difference is: New.net has to work for its market share.
Verisign/NSI and Afilias had the market share handed to them, on a silver platter,
by ICANN. Now if you want to support and be a part of the club where the boss
was handed his success, then go ahead. |
How about this: In my
opinion, anybody stupid enough to start the .asshole and .mutherfucker regisries,
is one dumb mutherfucker!
- Justice for Atlantic Root Elvis, July 4, 2001 @ 11:40 PM (2/8)
- Alternative roots for .biz or other tld's trademarks, July 6, 2001 @ 11:27 AM (0/0)
- NeuLevel is the ONLY ORIGINAL and REAL .BIZ TLD Registry wiredz, July 5, 2001 @ 4:05 PM (3/6)
- Hey WiredZ, jeweyjewman, July 7, 2001 @ 3:05 AM (0/0)
- The original DotBiz is not operated by neulevel. Elvis, July 5, 2001 @ 11:07 PM (1/2)
- Amen Slicer, July 5, 2001 @ 9:17 PM (1/1)
- Yes, You Should Be Able To ... jonpostel, July 5, 2001 @ 9:33 PM (0/0)