Return to wgb Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: 213617
Date/Time: Wed, April 19, 2000 at 9:55 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Quit the poor me!

I have a trademark and it took almost every cent I have to get it. I am just a smallshot trying to do something I have always wanted to do. Someday I may become what you are refering to as a bigshot but that will be after I make lots of sacrifices to live a dream. It won't happen if i sit back blaming people why I am not making things happen.

As a matter of fact I bought my name off a squatter for $300US he wasn't using it and never intended to. I was able to by the .net and others because it isn't that popular (yet). Unfortunately I may have to disput it now becuase somewhere out in cyberspace some untraceable name showed up in the registered owners line.

It sounds like the complaints are about huge publicly funded companies. Guess what, you do not have to be a multi billion dollar company to get a trademark. What about the smallshot.

Evenso, think about this: many huge companies pay a lot of wages contributing to a lot of peoples lives and some of these companies lose money. Not every company makes money out their. But here is a good idea. Lets just have those money losing companies close down and then the thousands of people who work for the company can all have nothing to do and no pay at all. Sounds good hey!

What is wrong with positioning for people who have built up and sought out a name for their company. It costs in the thousands to get a trademark! It takes the original idea and the brains to get it out. But guess what, it doesn't take much to rip off a good idea. The only problem with having positioning of the names to trademark holders is ... squaters and other who want a free ride off someone who has already taken legal steps to protect their idea's efforts and advertising dollars will not be able to catch get something for free. Poor them. Well I am a smallshot but one day I will be big shot and it won't be from riding someone elses coat tails!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy