Return to wgc Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Teri
Date/Time: Thu, April 13, 2000 at 1:57 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Agreed--Now, A Question For ICANN To Consider

If any other registrar of the .web gTLD is allowed to stand other than IOD, this will be a grave miscarriage of ethics!  Personally, I found IOD on the internet, and if I can,..anyone can. I also found other registrars and made my own educated decision which one to register .web addresses with.  Just like anyone can make an informed decision.  Now, if ICANN wants credibility, they MUST honor previous decisions of the governing body to the extent where permissions were granted then arbitrarily taken away as with IOD. 

I have done a great deal of research into this area and I can find NO registrar which was granted permission to bring any future proposed gTLDs on line other than IOD & that is exactly why I chose IOD.  Believe it or not, I am not connected with them in any manner whatsoever.  I just registered through them as anyone else would.  That is the extent of my dealings with them.

To whoever reads this at ICANN...Just do your job, decide on the gTLDs, bring them on line with the appropriate registrars, etc. Just do it and quit meangering around about it.  It has been Years in the works...planning stages, NOW is the time for implementation.  The eyes of the world are on this stage...We Need to do it right, and get the job done!!!

Best to All!
Later,
Teri

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy