Return to wgc Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Domainator
Date/Time: Sat, April 15, 2000 at 2:40 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: We don't need new gTLDs?  Have you tried to register a dot com name lately?

Come on folks...we are all intelligent people...I think everyone has a right to their opinion, but if you don't back it up...well you just have an empty message...Here is my reason why I think we need at least 6 to 10 new gTLD's....First we are running out of domain names...(ones that aren't 15 characters long)....You may find a short one, however fhdww.com doesn't cut it...second of all I think it would be healthy to pit names like .web up against .com (for competition) within the dynamics of the internet...This has ALWAYS proven to be healthy in a marketplace. My last point is the new gTLD's will include (hopefully) domain names that are specific to certain sectors of the internet...such as .arts... .firm, etc..This would alleviate some problems for law firms, etc and give them some better descriptive domains... Thanks ICANN for opening up this forum...whether your for or against new gTLD's everyone has a right to their opinions...BUT when they go against logic..well...I disagree....P.S  For those that feel "Keywords" will replace the domain names system you will be sadly disappointed...I registered one and wasted $100....Try inputing the words "credit search" into your browser window...(wipe out the http://www.whatever.com)...guess what pops up...All your competitors (just like a search engine!!)  AWE THE LIGHT BULBS ARE ON!!!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy