ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Stop Site Finder

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Stop Site Finder
  • From: "Planet Earth Autos Corp" <pea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:02:54 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

This is a copy of a letter sent to VeriSign voicing our concerns

To the decision makers at VeriSign

Planet Earth Autos Corp. represents a growing number of websites that do not
believe you should have the authority to start a monopolistic practice of
forcing users to use your Site Finder service. You have manipulated the DNS
routing so that the proper error messages that our customer's clients
browsers use, no longer functions properly. If our customer's clients want
to use your service they should be asked first.

Some of our customers that have voiced this opinion;

planetearthautos.com
planetearthautos.net
planetearthauto.com
planetearthauto.net
cdesystems.com
chicagocarexchange.com
chicagocarmuseum.com
collectorclassic.com
evansvilleautoauction.com
waukeganautoauction.com
waukegancarauction.com
waukeganautomall.com
classiccarcityinc.com
nascarconnections.com
nascarconnection.com
combatsystems.net
biblespecialties.com
biblespecialties.org
cuveesentir.com
bcauto.net
par-takers.com
mlmpower.com
crashcoursevideo.com

Thank you for your consideration regarding this matter.

Christopher Donini
Director
Planet Earth Autos Corp.
1-847-775-8400

Please stop then, it is a monopolistic practice with monetary gain as a
motive (in our opinion)

Christopher Donini
Director
Planet Earth Autos Corp.