ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Verisign DNS abuse

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Verisign DNS abuse
  • From: Kevin Cottam<Sol74d@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:03:49 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

this is another cheap money making scam just like Gator or all that adware
crap, but instead of hijacking your computer they have hijacked the internet in
general, why this isn't currently illegal is totally beyond me. we got
companies puting software little better than common trojan horses on you
computers to hijack  ad bannes on every site on the internetr and now verisign
has hijacked the error 404 message to do the exact same thing. why aren't there
laws against this??? nevermind its implications with stopping spam, that alone
ought to be reason enough to do something about it. in an indirect way they are
also hiding and harbouring cyber criminals

I have signed and I agree with the petition at http://www.whois.sc/verisign-dns/

- Kevin Cottam

Boston MA