ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Verisign DNS abuse

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Verisign DNS abuse
  • From: Webb<webby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:51:52 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

VeriSign has overstepped their boundaries and should be forced to take their
redirection service out of commission.  As some of the other Internet users
have said it is wrong and should not be allowed.  When I ping something out on
the internet that does not exist I do not want to see that it resolved an IP
address to 64.94.110.11 and the request timed out.  I want to see that the
destination host could not be found.  Enough said.  Action should be taken!

I have signed and I agree with the petition at http://www.whois.sc/verisign-dns/

- Webb

Vermont