ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Verisign DNS abuse

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Verisign DNS abuse
  • From: Rob Stiles<robs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 07:58:17 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

The Internet is built on an agreement where everyone has worked together and
decided to implement things in a certain way.  The Request For Comments (RFC)
documents are written by people all over the world and specifically state
exactly how protocols must be implemented for world-wide compatibility.
Nothing would work without them.  Verisign's greedy abuse of it's US government
granted monopoly is an affront to everything the Internet is.  One individual
American company must not be allowed to get away with this.  Network Solutions
should have stayed a non-profit organization.  I think it's about time the root
name servers were hosted somewhere else.  Verisign only have that power because
we, the Internet community, have granted it to them.  We can easily grant it to
someone else by looking for our root name servers elsewhere.

I have signed and I agree with the petition at http://www.whois.sc/verisign-dns/

- Rob Stiles
Lithium
Lancashire, England.