Recommendation for a new top Level Domain
Post a reply
  • To: gtld-plan-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Recommendation for a new top Level Domain
  • From: marshall@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:58:52 -0600

I don't know if this is the correct forum, but I have a suggestion for a new Top
Level Domain.  My suggestion is for a new domain applicable to Adult sites that
would identify them as such.  This new domain could have the domain .XXX or .Adult
or something that signifies it as an adult site.  One could require all domains
to register under the new scheme so that hopefully in a few years, all adult sites
would have the new extension.  This would make it easier for network
administrators and filtering companies to exclude those sites from being accessed
by their users or family members.  For example, in the U.S. there is a debate
about installing filter software on public use computers such as libraries to
keep patrons from accessing adult sites.  Unfortunately if one is doing legitimate
research such as breast cancer, it would return numerous adult sites in the results
while searching for the word breast.  By making all adult sites the same TLD, one
could easily filter the sites that would be accessible.  Penalties or revocation
of the domain could be done if a violator was caught using a .COM or other extension.

This is just a suggestion and I don't know if it has merit or not, but it could
possibly be one way to stop access to such sites.

Thank you

Marshall R. Madole, MCSE, CNA, A+, Network+, INet+, Server+
Systems Team Lead