Re: Does anyone in ICANN understand market competition?|
Post a reply
- To: Milton Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>, reform-comments@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Does anyone in ICANN understand market competition?
- From: "vinton g. cerf" <vinton.g.cerf@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:37:40 -0500
- Cc: vcerf@xxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
milton why are you surprised? I was just trying to find out what is the
distinction between the offerings of .name and the proposed offerings of
At 12:08 PM 12/11/2002 -0500, Milton Mueller wrote:
>why doesn't .name fulfill this need already?
I am surprised at this comment.
.name is purportedly a name space for individual
users, but users must fit into a hierarchical
structure controlled by the registry and it
also use email services provided by the registry
Some consumers might like this. Others might
not. Why not let them decide?
We don't tell Toyota that we won't allow them
to sell cars because we already have GM And
Why should we tell .iii that we don't need it
we have some tangentially related TLD?
SVP Architecture & Technology
22001 Loudoun County Parkway, F2-4115
Ashburn, VA 20147
703 886 1690 (v806 1690)
703 886 0047 fax