Re: [ifwp] Re: Comment on draft bylaws

Kent and all,

Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 04, 1998 at 09:06:35PM -0500, Mikki Barry wrote:
> > It is very difficult to comment on a set of draft bylaws without having the
> > benefit of seeing them in conjunction with the draft articles of
> > incorporation.  Is there any word on when we can see these articles of
> > incorporation?
>
> I presume you have forwarded your question to IANA.
>
> For the legally unschooled among us, could you give some details about
> the kinds of things that might be in that articles that would prevent
> you from commenting?
>
> My guess is that there is not yet a draft for the articles -- which
> means that you have an opportunity to contribute.  Are there specific
> items you feel *should* be in the articles of incorporation?

  I believe that Mikki has submitted several comments and suggestionswith respect to what
should be included and specified in the articles of
Incorporation.  Especially where it pertaines to Arbitration/Mediation and
how there should be choices other than just WIPO.  This was also discussed
and consensus was reached at Reston and in Geneve on this point.

So It appears that you need to do a little reviewing of the comments posted on the
IANA site there Kent.  It is obvious even to the casual observer that you are
a bit out of touch on this point.  I am sure that if anything I have said with respect
to Miklki's comments are incorrect that Mikki will correct me.

> And if
> there are such items, perhaps you could make a case for why they
> should be there? Are there particular items you think should *not* be
> in the articles? Are there things that you think should be moved from
> the bylaws to the articles?

  Yes there are, an as well, these have been pointed out several times now kent.