would that it were so (was) Re: NSI Stands with Internet Community

Sorry Jay, I have to diasagree.  I think you are being naive.  NSI's taking
the trouble to do this is the best gift the potsel/ISOC camp could have
gotten.  There is a very large segment of this list (perhaps the majority)
that will not support the NSI draft simple BECAUSE NSI wrote it.  I was
thinking earlier today that SOMEONE OUGHT to put together a draft.  Now
that NSI has done it, good for them.  Unfortunately they did it in the
typically NSI imperious fashion with king telage sending his PR agent
Clough to to the actual "work" of making the announcement in this mail list.

Although I would be delighted to be wrong, I will predict that this draft
will not be taken seriously until Telage and batista take the time to dirty
their hands with the rest of the rabble.

That Richard sexton has to come forward to NSI's defense here in educating
broomfield rather than NSI itself is truly remarkable.  it is also another
reason why NSI has problems.  the sad thing is that I fear telage will go
down with his ship rather than admit that the problems exist.

Don telage, I thank you for having someone come up with the draft, but
since no one in your shop seems willing to join this discussion, let me
suggest that you would have had a much better shot at having influence by
having someone else float the draft as their own.