Re: would that it were so (was) Re: NSI Stands with Internet Community

OK jay....now you are making more sense:

>At 10:40 PM 8/6/98 -0400, Gordon Cook wrote:
>>Sorry Jay, I have to diasagree.  I think you are being naive.  NSI's taking
>>the trouble to do this is the best gift the potsel/ISOC camp could have
>>gotten.  There is a very large segment of this list (perhaps the majority)
>>that will not support the NSI draft simple BECAUSE NSI wrote it.  I was
>>thinking earlier today that SOMEONE OUGHT to put together a draft.  Now
>>that NSI has done it, good for them.  Unfortunately they did it in the
>>typically NSI imperious fashion with king telage sending his PR agent
>>Clough to to the actual "work" of making the announcement in this mail list.
>>
>>Although I would be delighted to be wrong, I will predict that this draft
>>will not be taken seriously until Telage and batista take the time to dirty
>>their hands with the rest of the rabble.
>>
>>That Richard sexton has to come forward to NSI's defense here in educating
>>broomfield rather than NSI itself is truly remarkable.  it is also another
>>reason why NSI has problems.  the sad thing is that I fear telage will go
>>down with his ship rather than admit that the problems exist.
>>
>>Don telage, I thank you for having someone come up with the draft, but
>>since no one in your shop seems willing to join this discussion, let me
>>suggest that you would have had a much better shot at having influence by
>>having someone else float the draft as their own.
>

>Why would you suggest something so disingenuous?

because maybe my cynicism is getting the best of me, but by all means *LET*
the draft be turned over to the consensus building process.  Question is
how to do that....?

Someone like IFWP has to adopt the draft.  if IFWP would do so great.  i am
however not holding my breath.  Open RSC would be fine.... but there'd
likely be folk who wouldn't like that.

or MIRACLE OF MIRACLES COULD THERE BE ENOUGH SANITY AFTERALL TO HAVE THE
DRAFT DISCUSSED ON ITS OWN MERITS EVEN THOUGH THE NOTE KEEPER SPONSOR WAS
THE DREADED NSI?  IF SO TERRIFIC.  IF NOT THEN LETS GET IT A NEW HOME.

>To paraphrase a quote from Chris at Reston, "I don't
>give a rat's behind who wrote it!  I'm glad they did."
>
>This is just a starting point.  I have many suggestions
>for this draft, as I'm sure does everybody else.  The
>real test will be if NSI follows through with the next
>step, which is turn this draft over to the consensus
>building process.
>
>I trust that they will.
>

>Regards,
>
>Jay Fenello
>President, Iperdome, Inc.
>404-250-3242  http://www.iperdome.com

The COOK Report on Internet            New Special Report: Building Internet
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  Infrastructure ($395) available. See
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           http://www.cookreport.com/building.html
cook@cookreport.com                    Index to 6 years of COOK Report, how to
subscribe, exec summaries, special reports, gloss at http://www.cookreport.com