Domain Name Suffixes

I'm very interested in what your newly formed ICANN Organization is doing.
I just read an article implying that new suffixes will be added as choices
in domain names.  I am specifically interested in one that was mentioned:
'.info'.  Can you tell me when these new suffixes will be available and the
best way to assure I will know the best time and procedure possible to
assure the earliest request for one of these new domain names?

Any help or information you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ken Averett