SPAM

We can all agree that the SPAM problem is maddening.  I have recently contacted this organization's "postmaster" regarding SPAM messages originating from an IP address supplied by IANA and received nothing more than an "it's not our fault" reply.

Come on guys!  You are supplying the means for spammers to operate!  Other public IP address providers have made search engines available from which to determine the origin of such abusive and often illegal correspondence.  Where is the IANA search engine?