.xxx domain

I was reading an article on CNET about Jon Postel and saw mention of using a
domain such as .xxx...

Considering the complexity of the net, and the increasing number of children
on using it, I think it would be a wonderful idea to add the domain .xxx. I
cannot imagine the sexsite sellers/pornographers objecting to the change; if
anything it could decrease their risk of allowing minors onto their sites.
Right-wingers and ISP's alike would have the ability through software and
simple filtering to help keep young children from seeing this material, and
would make the type of desitnation clear when solicited in an email.

I do, however, agree with Mr. Postel's belief that the creation of a logical
domain registry should be kept non-profit.

I would normally send a letter such as this to my Congressman or Senator,
but it doesn't seem like they're going to have a vote... so I'm writing to
Jon Postel... my Internet "Congressman". :)

Suzannah Crowell
Director of MIS
Maddox Companies