Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)

Roeland and all,

Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> At 10:05 AM 7/13/98 +0100, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> >Masataka,
> >
> >Speaking as a non-US citizen and non-US resident:
> >
> >I too had doubts about whether the new legal entity protecting the
> >IANA should be a non-profit corporation under US law.
> >
> >However I am a pragmatist and I think most of us here are pragmatists.
> >We all agree that it is *above all* important to have technical
> >continuity and leave the technical staff of the IANA in peace to
> >do their work. There is, given the time available before September 30,
> >only one way to achieve this: a non-profit corporation in California.
>
> Whoops! I am in California as I write this.  Just think of why 80% of US
> corps are Delaware corps. Even Netscape is a Delaware corp. Sacramento
> flies the "Jolly Roger", right under the bear. Even if you operate here,
> you DON'T want to incorporate here. It costs almost four times as much.
> (and I hope the California Department of Commerce reads this).

  I must concur with Roeland here as we too are incorporated out of
Delaware as well and the cost is far less than in California.  I don't know
what people are thinking here but reciprocity from Deleware is nearly
universal and it cost far less to incorporate out of Delaware as well as
other protections.  Whomever would think of California as the place
or incorporation is just simply not financially well versed.

> >There is no practical alternative, so let us concentrate on the only
> >real issue left, which is getting an initial Board of Directors with
> >sufficient honour and neutrality.

> Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc.
> Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC
> (RM993)
> President and CEO.
> e-mail:        <mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com>mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com
> Web-pages:    <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
> Web-site:        <http://www.mhsc.com>http://www.mhsc.com
> Colorado Springs, CO - Livermore, CA - Morgan Hill, CA
> -----------------------------------------(legal notice)--------
> Note: Statements made in this message do not
>          necessarily reflect the  position of MHSC. All
>          forcasts and projections are to be considered
>          as forward-looking and presume conditions which
>          may not be referenced herein.

 regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.