Re: Tired of Waiting

At 12:54 AM 7/14/98 -0500, Jim Fleming wrote:

> [...]

Jim,
It isn't the 30Sept98 thing. That's only when the new org gets to looking
at it. We've waited for the GP, it was supposed to do it's thing, then we
waited for the WP, and it was supposed to do this thing, now we have to
wait for the New Entity? That was only the *last* two years.

Originally, and the fubar that IOD stepped into, IANA even had a TLD
registry set up and running. Chris even officially used the published
process. >poof< Suddenly there was no process and the check was returned.
Then the scum-bags at CORE decided that the WEB name was so neat that they
wanted it, since IOD obviously couldn't use it. Does IANA help defend IOD?
They do not. This is why no one gets my new TLD name until it goes
operational, sometime next year.

Excuse me if I sound a little skeptical that this will even come to pass
unless pressure is brought to bear. The credibility of the process, Jon
Postal, ISI, IANA, ISOC, IAHC, and all the rest of the GOB.NET mud-ducks is
a stretched little thin by now. As far as we're concerned ITAG is nothing
more than yet another delaying tactic.

BTW, during the course of this, OPEN-RSC members have shot down every
technical argument til there are none left. Even the USG WP admitted that
there is no technical reason why the root-servers can not be opened now.
Enough with the FUD, the stalling, and the lame excuses. The first order of
business is to OPEN THE ROOTS!

GOB = "Good ol' Boy" and GOB.NET is the Good Ol' Boy Network.

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com>rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
SecureMail from MHSC.NET is coming soon!