Re: Tired of Waiting

>If their contact includes terms that guarantee *future* prices, then you'd
>have a cause of action. If not, you're probably out of luck.

As I've said, Image Online Design has been advocating this for over a
year now, but the "non-profit-only" proponents seem to want to ignore it.

How about another possibility: a registry charges a SINGLE ONE-TIME
FEE for registration, with NO YEARLY RENEWALS. Updates to the
domain are charged a flat $5 per change, and this, too, is contractually
locked. You now have a FLAT RATE WITH NO POSSIBILITY OF CHANGE.

You now have TWO solutions to this problem.

As I've said, there is no economic reason to mandate an absence of
profitable registries. None.
--
Christopher Ambler
Personal Opinion Only