Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)

Mark and all,

Mark.Paton wrote:

> Come on Guys,
> Which side of the fence is totally irrelevant, the target is an open
> Internet.

  I agree completely, hence my posts.  It appears that the IANA does not agree
with
an open Internet judging from their recent announcement.  If you see it another
way, possibly you should review the IANA's own announcement.  If you
wish I will be happy to forward you a copy.  Let me know.

> Who funds the programme should not be an issue, if European
> agencies wish to fund the programme then let them come up with the money!
> All this acrimony is detracting from the end result, lets stop now and think
> about where we want to go and not who's paying for it.

  Again I agree.  It is important none the less whom has paid for it.  And that
is
and was my point.  "He whom has the money makes the rules."

> There needs to be a more open framework and information should be
> deceminated to the majority for comment.  The RFC's as my understanding goes
> is to create discussion as to the basis of technical fact and not to create
> fog.  Lets get on with the work in hand and lets drop the acid attacks.
> Dave Crocker may or may not be the great god that he or anyone else thinks
> he is, this is totally irrelevant and should be kept away from these
> discussion groups, they do not bear any relation to the end result.

  Again agreed and was part of the point of my comments.

> Mark Paton
> MNSL

 regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.