Re: Tired of Waiting

At 09:31 PM 7/14/98 -0700, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>
>> PS: Didn't we just have the US Congress mandate "number portability" for
>> local phone companies to prevent just this kind of "lock-in" - and for much
>> the same reason, which is that it's much harder to change your phone number
>> than your credit card number.
>
>Please, when customers are guaranteed IP portability, let me know....

If you have an ASN then you can be portable, within limits of BGP4.
Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com>rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
SecureMail from MHSC.NET is coming soon!