Re: significance of RFC standard process

Dave, Michael and all,

Dave Crocker wrote:

> Michael,
>
> At 03:04 PM 8/15/98 -0400, Michael Sondow wrote:
> >On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Jim Fleming wrote:
> >> layed down the rules. Instead, he wanted to give
> >> people the *impression* that their comments
> >> were requested.
>
> He never used that word.
>
> >        Excuse me, Jim, I'm a bit of a newcomer on the Internet, and I'm
>
> Being a newcomer, Micahel, you will quickly find that there are some
> contributors who do not contribute constructive.  Ever.

  True statement.  And Dave Crocker is usually in this category Michael.  ButI
am sure as time goes on you will find this out for yourself.

> >trying to understand what's going on. Is this comments thing, then, sort
> >of like the comments@iana.org gag?
>
> No, it is nothing like that address, and if you seriously consider it a
> gag, then perhaps you are working at becoming one of those
> never-constructive contributors, yourself.

  ANd Michael, as from this very Dave Crocker comment you can nowsee what I was
talking about just above.

> d/

> Dave CROCKER                            <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
>
> Tel: +1 408 246 8253     BRANDENBURG CONSULTING      Tel: +60 19 3299 445
> 675 Spruce Drive                                      P. O.  Box 296, UPM
> Sunnyvale, CA 94086       www.brandenburg.com     Serdang, Selangor 43400
> United States            Fax:  +1 408 273 6464                   Malaysia

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.