No Subject

Like Hans Klein, I am offended by the self-serving statement in the
explanation,

"Any such suggestion must, however, be received within the next day or two
and should be very specific text changes, not substantially different
concepts, . . . "

	. . . .  Jon Postel and Gabe Battista, September 17, 1998

Unfortunately, I do not represent any organization and have no power behind
me.  I am a university faculty member (Virginia Tech, Blacksburg) who has
co-authored a recent book on the DNS.

In any future revision of the book, I hope to use this specific quote as a
demonstration of the public arrogance of both  IANA and NSI.

Personally, I see no reason why the corporate offices should be located in
Los Angeles, a self-serving decision of Jon Postel.   If you were to
specify a location, the State of California would be a better suggestion
than a specific city such as Los Angeles.