Comments on nIANA documents

I have read the new IANA's Proposed Articles of Incorporation and Proposed
Bylaws - Third Iteration, as posted on the IANA's web site. I have also read
the FAQ included on this web site.

In general, these documents seem to be very appropriate. On the basis of the
current state of these documents, I plan to send a note to the IAB supporting
their draft resolution endorsing the documents as a basis for the new IANA.

I do have one question, though. How will the Initial Board be selected?
This does not seem to be covered anywhere.

I have also included at the end of this message a list of minor errors that
I noticed while reading the documents.

Thanks for your diligent work on this project,

Steve Hanna

P.S. I suppose I should say who I am. I am a software engineer, currently
employed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. I am also an IETF member. I have been
to every IETF meeting for the last two years and written several Internet
Drafts on various topics. I am also a co-chair of the malloc Working Group.
In this message, I speak only for myself, not my employer or anyone else.

---------------------

Typos in Bylaws:

The third sentence in article 4 says that minutes must be posted "...on a
publicly-available Internet with site..." Was this supposed to be a *web*
site? I don't know what a "with site" is.

The first sentence of article 5, section 1 refers to "Section 1(C) at
Article VII". I think this should be "Section 1(C) *of* Article VII".

Typos in Articles of Incorporation:

Article 4 section d refers to Article 4, should be Article 3.

Article 5 refers to Article 6, should be Article 5.

Article 6 refers to Article 4, should be Article 3.