Re: [ifwp] CLosing the process

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Patrick O'Brien wrote:

> Please,
>
> Excuse my frustration from afar,
>
> Can some appointed spokesperson for IFWP tell me three things,

The IFWP as such has no appointed spokeperson.

Neither does the IFWP steering committee.

> 1.	Will this meeting take place?

There are two complementary meetings.  One is being organized by the
Berkman Center at Harvard.  It is closed.  A small number of people
will be invited to hammer out a compromise that incorporates the
consensus points from the various regional conferences.  This meeting
will occur over the weekend of 12/13 September.

The other meeting will be an open IFWP conference.  There has been no
firm decision on the date of this meeting.  In my judgement it is
most likely to be on Tuesday 15 September.  The steering committee
should reach a firm decision on this in today's conference call.

> 2.	When will this meeting take place?

See above.

> 3.	Where will this meeting take place?

The Berkman Center-sponsored meeting will be at Harvard. The other
meeting will almost certainly be in the Boston area, probably in
Cambridge (across the river from Boston), and possibly also at Harvard.

> Getting tickets from NZ at very short notice to a destination yet to be
> decided, for a date, yet to be decided, is an exceptionally difficult task.

Understood.

--
Jim Dixon                                                 Managing Director
VBCnet GB Ltd                http://www.vbc.net        tel +44 117 929 1316