I nominate Jack Rickard

I nominate Jack Rickard to serve as one of the "at large" members of
the ICANN board of directors.

Jack Rickard is the editor of Boardwatch Magazine and a leading force
behind the Internet Service Provider Conventions. There is no doubt
that he would bring stature, technical knowledge, and business
experience to the new board.

As far as I know, he has not been tainted by recent participation in
the DNS wars, though I believe he had a few kind words to say about
Alternic in its early days. I am not aware whether he's published
anything about this recently. And I honestly don't know where he
stands now on the question of proprietary vs. non-proprietary gTLDs,
which is still a key issue for me personally.

Nevertheless, as a consequence of browsing his magazine for the last
year or so, I have been deeply impressed by his talent at
communication, his mastery of detail, his drive to see the "big
picture" on the Internet, his articulate commitment to integrity, and
the enthusiastic response of his readers. The "new IANA" is likely to
benefit greatly from his contribution.

Therefore, I'm putting his name "out there" so that the "powers that
be" will consider him, if not for the interim board, then for the
permanent board which follows. I offer this nomination to the online
community (unfortunately in scattershot fashion, because there's no
formal process), hoping that it will be followed by a second and then
a sufficient number of supporting responses to be considered a
petition.

Thanks,

Craig Simon