Re: [ifwp] Re: regarding potential new IANA initial board members

Paul and all,

name.space wrote:

> Gordon Cook Wrote:
>
> >Paul I meant my reference to too young with sarcsm......  no way is he too
> >young.
> >
> >postels criteria give us a bunch of old men/women.....joichi doesn't fit
> >that image.
> >
> >besides.....know who we'll get from japan if we don't get joichi?
> >probably jun murai....
> >
> >pindar wong is another good asian candidate.....  only problem is he knows
> >something abouty the ityernet so he gets stricken.....
> >

> Sorry I missed your humor, Gordon...
> But I will reiterate my request to you, since you know so many
> people in the industry, to consider additional recommendations
> and to stand up for those who you think can make a difference.

  Who these candidates are is really of little consequence unless the
Stakeholders/Members
have the opportunity to vote for them and review their qualifications before doing
so.

  Also Paul, yet again some of this message is directed towards Jon Postel and the
ICANN.
Why than, do you not have the message addressed to them?  However I will copy
those parties in this reply.

> You know where the conflicts lie, and who may be likely to be
> above the fray...don't just give in to cynicism (I know it's hard)
> and resign yourself to Postel's fait accompli and Ira's laziness.

  Jon Postels and the ICANN supposed fait accompli is really not necessarilyall
that important if it does indeed exist.  Ira, on the other hand at least cannot
claim ignorance, as I know that I have copied him on many important points
brought out from this list.

> There are plenty of good and qualified people out there who could
> certainly do the job on the board without all the baggage of the
> last years of politics over this issue.

  And why haven't any of the candidates not been posted on the IFWP site?

> Forget about who is on Jon Postel's wish list...he is only one
> mere mortal (contrary to popular myth) and certainly NOT god.

  Very true.

> Do the right thing, Gordon.

  Paul, I would suggest you take your own advice.