Re: CIX's Position in the IFWP Steering Committee detailed below

Dave,

Thanks for the summary. To clarify, my main agenda
is not IPv6 or IPv8. My main agenda is to help create
more resources and to allow those resources to find
their way into people's hands around the world with
as low a distribution cost as possible to help allow
more people to use the Internet without funding a
bunch of lounge lizards to fly around the world every
time they feel like it funded by taxes they collect from
the disadvantaged people that they have under their
thumbs....or IN-ADDR.ARPA.

I was hopeful that the IETF (without the ISOC) would
continue to be a good group to help encourage the
low-cost distribution of resources. It now appears that
the new IANA Inc. may be a better facilitator for that
mission because the IETF has been captured by the
ISOC "suits". Even though the IFWP people mean well,
they have now attracted the IAHC CORE crowd that
is mainly looking to cash in on some quick buck
schemes. I am hopeful that Jon Postel saw enough
of the IAHC result to know better than to go near the
IFWP this time around. He has also been able to
witness the "members only" approach used in ARIN
and which the IFWP people seem to think provides
a democracy. I am confident that Jon Postel and the
various old-school IETF people will be able to push
forward to move the IANA Inc. to a point where it
is legally disjoint from the ISOC and the IETF. When
that occurs, we might have a chance to all work
to renew the faith and to bring more resources to
people around the world at a low cost.

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com