ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[2gtld-guide]

New TLD comments

  • To: <2gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New TLD comments
  • From: "Scott Roberts" <sroberts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:02:17 -0500

Dear ICANN,

After considerable research and thought on the issue of new TLDs, we have
come to this conclusion:  It is the position of Khamma Group, LLC that
additional TLDs are not needed at this time.

Furthermore, as an IT managed services firm, we are officially recommending
that our clients oppose the new TLDs as well.  We feel this position is in
the best interest of our clients and the Internet as a whole.

It seems that any positions contrary to the ICANN 'party line' are soundly
ignored as of late.  It is not ICANN's role to dictate policy, but rather to
moderate and build consensus among Internet users.  Since, as far as I can
tell, the vast majority of Internet users oppose any effort to introduce new
TLDs it would make sense for ICANN to acknowledge this and act accordingly.

Thank You,

Scott Roberts

Principal Consultant

Khamma Group, LLC