ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

Comment from CBXNET combox internet GmbH to Applicant Guidebook Version3

  • To: <3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comment from CBXNET combox internet GmbH to Applicant Guidebook Version3
  • From: "Lutz Treutler" <l.treutler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:40:40 +0100

For the 3rd Draft Applicant Guidebook we would like to file a comment from our
perspective as a german registrar:

Demand for GeoTLDs
Several studies conducted by the German Internet Association eco and as well by
dotBERLIN show that 80% of businesses would be interested to register a .berlin
domain name and 43% of individuals prefer www.mayor.berlin as their preferred
domain name to find the Berlin mayor. As well from our daily business we see a
clear demand for new, intuitive and easy to communicate domain names.

Reliable Timeline is needed!
 From our perspective as a registrar we urge ICANN to finalize the discussion
process about new gTLDs. Arguments on this topic have been articulated on
plenty occasions by new gTLD prospects and other members of the ICANN
community, please don't  delay this process any further but keep faith and
trust of internet users in ICANN and the DNS.

Lutz Treutler, CEO
CBXNET combox internet GmbH
Lützowstraße 106
10785 Berlin
Telefon: 030 / 59 00 69 -35; Zentrale: -00
Telefax: 030 / 59 00 69 -90
l.treutler@xxxxxxxxx
www.cbxnet.de
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 71171
Geschäftsführer: Lutz Treutler