ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

Opening up the TLDs

  • To: 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opening up the TLDs
  • From: Greg Houston <houstong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:28:13 -0800

As a small business owner, I'd like to fully endorse the concept of opening
up the top level domains.  I've found it mostly impossible to get the names
I need, and more often than not, the ones I want are just parked waiting for
someone to buy them.  Opening up the TLDs would help end this unfortunate
practice and give people like me more options to market and expand our
businesses.

I thank you for taking quick and decisive action on this issue.

Greg