ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

Domain Name comment

  • To: 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Domain Name comment
  • From: Courtney Perrone <courtney.perrone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:05:51 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

To Whom it May Concern,

I write to compel you to act and implement new top-level domain names quickly.
I see a great opportunity for the internet to bring about the end of this
global economic crisis and believe that expansion of the internet may be the
force to encourage greater entrepreneurialism and commerce.
The internet is already the venue of choice for many upstart businesses;
however, with ".com" as the top-level domain that the online community defaults
to, those ".com" names have become severely limited or prohibitively expensive.

I am not making the argument that ".com" will run out, only that there may be a
better way.  In which case, I ask that you finalize the DAG and open the
internet to the small and medium-sized businesses that were not able to get a
relevant domain name.

Thank you for allowing me to comment.
Courtney Perrone