ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

[.Paris] Official correspondence from Deputy Mayor of Paris to ICANN Chairman and CEO on new gTLDs and .paris

  • To: <peter.dengatethrush@xxxxxxxxx>, <rod.beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [.Paris] Official correspondence from Deputy Mayor of Paris to ICANN Chairman and CEO on new gTLDs and .paris
  • From: Clément, Jean-Philippe <Jean-Philippe.Clement@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:10:21 +0100

Dear Mr. Dengate-Thrush, Dear Mr. Beckstrom,

Jean-Louis MISSIKA, Deputy Mayor of Paris in charge of Innovation, Research and
Higher Education has signed the attached correspondence which should reach your
office by mail in the coming weeks.

It addresses three main concerns of the City of Paris about the proposed new
gTLD Draft Application Guidebook v3 :
- status of capital city TLDs
- delays in the new gTLD application process
- priority window for social-purpose gTLD applications approved by the relevant
governmental authorities

We thank you in advance for taking the time to address our comments and
concerns, and look forward to the completion of the new gTLD application policy
development process.

Jean-Philippe CLEMENT
Advisor to the Secretary General of the City of Paris
Internet, Communication and Information Technology