ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

Where are all the public comments by the ICANN-subsidized "fellows"?

  • To: 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Where are all the public comments by the ICANN-subsidized "fellows"?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:05:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I just wanted to note that ICANN has squandered enormous sums of money on the
ICANN Fellowship program:

http://www.icann.org/en/fellowships/

over the years, which fills seats at ICANN meetings with paid supporters.

"Recipients are expected to actively contribute to ICANN processes and be a
part of the next generation of ICANN leadership."

I've read all the comments on DAGv3, and other public comment periods --- where
are all their brilliant and insightful comments? Those comments don't exist,
because the truth is that the ICANN Fellowship program is nothing more than a
vacation and travel club for pals of ICANN. It is a waste of money, money from
hard-working domain registrants who subsidize the profligate spending of ICANN
and its overpaid staff.

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20090105_icann_for_profit_companies_comparables/

It's time that the program either show measurable results, through the active
participation of those fellows in ICANN policymaking, or that it be eliminated
entirely, to reduce the fees paid by domain name registrants.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/