ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

If 30 days is good enough for Microsoft, it's good enough for Domain Registrants too

  • To: 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: If 30 days is good enough for Microsoft, it's good enough for Domain Registrants too
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:17:19 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I read with interest Microsoft's comments on DAGv3:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/3gtld-guide/msg00145.html

in particular those on page 9 of the PDF suggesting that two weeks is "not
enough time" for them in relation to the Deadline for Filing Objections.

Their suggested standard of 30 days makes perfect sense for both the UDRP
and/or the URS, as domain name registrants face the exact same issues of not
having enough time.

I would like to thank Microsoft for bringing these unacceptable deadlines to
the notice of the ICANN community. This is something we can all agree on.

Given Microsoft, one of the world's largest corporations, could not submit
their comments on DAGv3 on time (the deadline was yesterday, November 22nd,
whereas their submission was one day late), this is further demonstration that
deadlines can be too short, and should be extended to reasonable levels in
order to protect the interests of domain name registrants in UDRP and/or URS
cases.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/