ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

Timeline gTLD

  • To: 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Timeline gTLD
  • From: Uwe Stache <uwe.stache@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:22:23 +0100

For the 3rd Draft Applicant Guidebook we would like to file a comment
from our perspective as a german registrar based in Berlin:

There is a huge Demand for GeoTLDs!
Studies the German Internet Association eco and separately dotBERLIN has
conducted show that e.g. 80% of businesses would be interested to
register a .berlin domain name and 43% of individuals prefer
www.mayor.berlin as their preferred domain name to find the Berlin mayor.

New gTLD Applicants need a Timeline
We urge ICANN to proceed with the introduction of new gTLDs. Arguments
on this topic have been articulated on plenty occasions by new gTLD
prospects and other members of the ICANN community, we urge you not to
delay the process any further.

Uwe Stache, CEO,
BB-ONE.net Ltd., Berlin, Germany