ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

Re: [ga] Teleconference

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Teleconference
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 22:08:02 -0800

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  I also disagree with Roberto as well.  But for far different reasons
than
does Danny.  Our organization has indeed seen a significant slow down
over all in membership interest, yet we still have membership growth.

  Interest in ICANN has diminished for many different reasons, some of
which Danny has rightly pointed out and others which he hasn't and
could not as they are unknown.  Yet still one significant reason is
clearly that due to a concerted and stubborn effort of ICANN
"Officials" and their cronies to allowing open membership for
any and all stakeholders/users, many would be and desiring individual
spakeholders/users have become discouraged and distrustful at
some of the "Committe-to-do-this-or-that" scenario as a means
to propagate and encourage discouragement in a broad sense.

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
    Pierre Abelard