ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

RE: (Fwd) Re: my request for reconsideration of 16 May 2005

  • To: reconsider@xxxxxxxxx, "John Jeffrey" <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Vinton G. Cerf'" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: (Fwd) Re: my request for reconsideration of 16 May 2005
  • From: "Edward Hasbrouck" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:19:41 -0800

I noticed today that some requests for reconsideration made to ICANN in
2006 have been posted at:

http://www.icann.org/committees/reconsideration/

However, my request for reconsideration, which was made on 16 May 2005,
still has not been posted on the ICANN Web site.  And I still have
received no notice of any action on my request for reconsideration (except
the notice from Mr. Jeffrey on 17 May 2005, copied below, confirming that
my request was received and referred to the Reconsideration Committee).

My request for reconsideration is posted on my Web site at:

http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000584.html

I remind you once again, as in my previous messages (which I have copied
below, which you have acknowledged receiving, and which you have assured
me have been forwarded to the Reconsideration Committee), that ICANN's
Bylaws require that all requests for reconsideration must be posted on the
ICANN Web site, and must be responded to within 90 days.

And I remind you yet again that your failure to post my request  for
reconsideration on ICANN's Web site, or to respond to it within 90 days,
is an ongoing material breach of your obligations under ICANN's Bylaws.

I demand that you immediately post my request for reconsideration on the
ICANN Web site, and promptly schedule and provide me with notice of a
meeting of the Reconsideration Committee to consider my request.

Note also that, entirely independently of this request for
*reconsideration*, I continue to await any response to my latest message
to the entire ICANN Board of Directors of 7 February 2006 related to my
request for *independent review* on a different subject.  My unanswered
message and request for Board action is posted on my Web site at:

http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/001010.html

In that message, I repeated the unanswered questions in my previous e-mail
messages to you, as posted on my Web site at:

http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000964.html#ICDR

http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/001007.html#procedures

I also call to your attention that the 7-day deadline in the Bylaws is
today for posting agenda items for the Board meeting scheduled for 31
March 2006 in Wellington.  So time is of the essence if the Board is to
consider my requests for independent review (which requires initiation of
a policy development process to develop procedures for independent review
and designate an IRP provider) and stay pending independent review, or if
the Reconsideration Committee is to consider my request for
reconsideration, during ICANN's meetings next week in Wellington.

Sincerely,

Edward Hasbrouck

Edward Hasbrouck
<edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>