ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

.EDU registration

  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .EDU registration
  • From: "Tyler" <tygram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:54:46 -0500

Hello.

I am working with a recently formed NPO that is setting up a school.  We are
curious about .edu domain registration.  I have googled it with
counterproductive results.  Most commercial registrars show up but when I
visit their sites they do not list .edu as an extension that they serve.
When I called several of them they had no clue about how to register a .edu
domain.  I can't seem to find any answers.  Why is this so obscure?  And who
do I talk to?  I thought perhaps ICANN would have some information on their
website but I couldn't find it.

Please help me out with a resource.

Thank you,

Tyler Graham