ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

No More Domain Name Hording

  • To: forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No More Domain Name Hording
  • From: Antonio Aversano <highvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:49:04 -0400

I would like to see the internet be rid of Domain Name Hording. Companies that horde domain names and then hold them captive only selling them for a "premium" price I find to be against the positive flow of growth on the internet. I also find pages that turn into Adsense or similar types of "parked" pages to be equally unproductive and taking away from the potential growth and positive contribution of the internet.

I would like to see an internet where someone who has a unique idea and thinks of a great name for their business or unique information website actually be able to register a name that works for them and not have to settle for a name that is very far off target because all of the names that were the most catchy or adequate for their business have been bought up and are sitting there not being used.

Looking Forward,

A. Aversano